March 16, 2013

Cheap date gone right...THE $4 DATE

Only 48 hours post date am I realizing that I had a fantastic time and dude didn’t spend a dime.  How’d he do that?!  You hear all the time you shouldn’t equate dollar amounts to how much a person is into you.  That statement is usually followed up by some whack mention of ice cream and a walk in the park.  Shout out to dude – ‘cause you just pulled a rabbit out yo swag bag and I am impressed.

I meet dude at his office in the heart of the city and initially I am impressed.  Business men drive me wild, so when I see he has actual employees and things to do before tending to me – I’m like "YES" do your thang.  One Vodka Cranberry and 30 mins. later we dip.  $0.00 dollars spent.


We’re off to an art viewing.  Chit-chatting as we dodge through the streets, we arrive shortly after.  Taking in the art, complimentary wine in hand, I am in my element – and he knows this.  Ten points for dude because he listens, has great taste and I even got some networking in.  $0.00 dollars spent.

He tells me to finish my drink, I down it and we’re off again.  Whipping through the cold dark air in pursuit of some reggae vibes – we hop in his ride and arrive at a hole-in-the-wall speakeasy that his friend owns.  I love reggae!  The artist was great, the band eclectic, he’s politicking and by now I am in my zone. $0 dollars spent.

Now I am hungry, so I suggest a pizza spot I saw on the way to the next location.  We pop-in and order slices.  As he proceeds to hand over his plastic, the cashier points at the hand written sign – CASH ONLY.  I think I have cash.  I manage to scrounge up $4 bucks and the nice lady behind us puts $1 on it.  We eat, well mostly I eat and he watches me eat.  $4 dollars spent.

Before I look up – he grabs my hand and off we go.  Last stop, a premier nightclub in the city who he happens to know the owner of – go figure.  As soon as we arrive the manager buys us drinks and we have a seat.  We end up dancing the night away with some friends we made.  I cut the night short because it was getting late for my taste.  END RESULT: I arrive at my doorstep with an admiration for dude and how he commands a room; people are just drawn to his energy.  I had so much fun – PRICELESS. 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for making me smile. I love happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole thing is extremely open and clear details of issues. It’s true information. Your website is very helpful. Thanks for sharing. european watch company

    ReplyDelete