February 25, 2013

Online Dating Horror

In the name of “I’ll try anything once” I am back on a dating website!  Yes, “back” meaning second time around, meaning I didn’t learn my lesson the first time, meaning numero dos.  Don’t judge me – don’t do that.  Why?  Same reason most normal people get roped in – FRIENDS.  I got on it the first time by 50% force and 50% curiosity – I closed my account just as quickly as I opened it.  I won’t blast the reason why because he may read this blog :/

This time around a friend convinces me yet again that I didn’t give it a chance, you have to talk to the guys to really get to know them, don’t go by looks alone, weed through the ratchetness…blah, blah, blah.  And now, here I am writing a blog about my online dating hot mess.  Excuse me for being brash.  I get that the same people you could meet on your way to work are the same people that have these pseudo-personality accounts online.  Buuuuuut, seems like these online people are a tad bit weirder than real life weirdos.  Exhibit A:



After you’ve read the above opening lines from Mr. 420Bisexual; you can see my frustrations.  I don’t really need to write anything else.  In fact, Im done with this post. 

3 comments:

  1. I went through a similar experience about four years ago, when I signed up to Lovestruck only a year or so after it had come around. Populated by seemingly exclusive inner-city oddballs, I only lasted about a month before I jumped ship. I, like you, went for a second dip in the pool but mine actually turned out quite well. I know people who have had three or four attempts at online dating before they've really found anything, perhaps you should give it one last go...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,

      I recently closed my account. But I, like you, hear of so many online dating successes. I'm going to give it a rest for now - maybe down the line I will jump in for another dose of online dating madness :)

      Delete